skating down the mountain, skyline in our rear view mirror.

Sunday

post-war sci-fi bunkers

 I came across this article while daydreaming about the beaches of Normandy and what became of all the defunct structures still dotting the coast.  The pictures are cooler than I imagined and are a slightly creepy reminder of what lies in once tragically wartorn areas.  I can't help but wonder what they'll be used for in the future if this group of wildcats are already holding bizarre climbing events up the low stone walls of bunkers in Holland.  They call it bouldering and quite frankly I found it a little wack.  I can dig the fact that its fun to freeclimb just about anything but seeing the fun up close and personal is funky.  Let us know if you could see yourself going bouldering anytime soon and we'd love to tag along!

-shanetrain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stoppin' by! Let us know what you're thinking :)