skating down the mountain, skyline in our rear view mirror.

Friday

shades of gold in the cold.

What a pretty day it was! Surprisingly cold, and it actually began to snow (and snow, and snow) shortly after these photos were taken, but man, look at that sunshine...really does a girl some good.
gap checkered shirt, mom's j.crew cashmere cardi, anthro belt (on sale), hand-me-down-from-mom free people pants c/o the former rustic roots, jeffrey cambpell c/o modcloth shoes
After work yesterday, I made a quick stop at Avalon to semi-satiate my recent urges to go thrifting! The reason I say just 'semi' is 'cause the shop is often chock full of certain name brand clothing from more recent years, rather than your solid retro resale shop, but I tend to find it handy for basics that I don't want to spend a pretty penny on. I was a bit more successful than anticipated - I found a lovely fitted black dress with a square sailor collar that I would guess is from the '70s, and a marvelous white mink collar from the '40s. I can't wait to style them! Hopefully one or both will be making an appearance this week, so stay tuned ;) and Happy Weekend!

-christen, xoxo

Photos taken by Mandy Fierens of The Curvy Model.

3 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! There's something so casual yet put together about it.

    www.veronicadowblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Veronica! It was definitely comfy :)

    -c

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit..I really like the checkered shirt! Can't wait to see how you style your vintage finds :)

    S. - The Hearabouts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stoppin' by! Let us know what you're thinking :)