Good day! Today, we're following suit and offering you some top secrets about ourselves (oooohhhh). We saw Julie and Jen give it a whirl, and couldn't help but jump on the wagon. So, here we go, 12 things you may not know about one or both of us (I added one to even things out)!
1. I've broken my nose twice. Once in a motorcycle wreck and once because of Christen! -shane
2. I might be the only person on the planet who doesn't like ice cream! -christen
3. Bandanas and overalls made up 90% of my pre-teen apparel. -shane
4. While some people always crack their knuckles, I am constantly cracking my elbows! It definitely throws people off, and I'll admit, it's kind of disgusting, but it just feels toooo good to quit doing!! -christen
5. Every one of my most prized Pokemon cards were stolen in 5th grade. I never recovered and my collection is presently non-existent. -shane
6. Shane and I 'officially' met at a study session for a Neuroscience 101 course. It didn't dawn on me 'til just now how completely nerdy that is! -christen
7. I basically grew up at public auctions in fire halls. Needless to say, hot dogs, potato chips and Mt. Dew were staple foods of most Saturday afternoons. -shane
8. Some guys in high school used to call me 'Scout' from To Kill a Mockingbird...although my style is usually pretty girly, I definitely have some...how do I put it...manly traits haha! -christen
9. A family friend blew the roof off of our shed with fireworks when I was 6. His name was Sicky and he owned a chicken coup. Fireworks have been an absolute necessity in my life ever since. -shane
10. In my teenage attempts to be rebellious, I've never successfully snuck out of the house. I have, however, figured out how to explain to the police why I left in the first place. -christen
11. My left calf was ravaged by a black labrador/rottweiler mix while on a leisure mountain bike ride. Somehow, later around the campfire, the beast transformed into a poof-tailed Alaskan Husky who ate spark plugs and drank Canadian beer for breakfast. -shane
12. My best advice is to travel alone and carry a notebook. You’ll meet a self you’ve never known and you’ll want to remember. -christen
And now for some questions, a combination of some found on other blogs, plus others...
1. If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
I would be a stunt pilot without question! -christen
Underwater cave spelunker! -shane
2. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day?
Being able to hear the sounds of music! -shane
The potential of meeting new people, making new friends, and putting smiles on strangers' faces! -christen
3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite song?
4-way tie between: Degausser-Brand New, Thanks for the Killer Game of Crisco Twister-Minus the Bear, Teeth Like God's Shoeshine-Modest Mouse, Giving You Up-Papadosio
4. Biggest pet peeve?
When someone asks me a question and doesn't listen to the answer...although finding out people's pet peeves and then purposely doing them is a close second! -christen
5. What is your all-time favorite book?
Lolita. Nabokov is an untouchable writer, just brilliant. -christen
Shutter Island. Dennis Lehane is unmatched in his authenticity and thrilling landscapes. -shane
6. What would your “last meal” be?
Chicken corn soup with eggs and celery chunks. Twice baked potato and a deer burger. -shane
I imagine I won't have a huge appetite, so I'm just gonna go with one delicious baked potato with cheddar cheese and sour cream! -christen
7. The tree or the leaf?
The tree! Because then you can climb it (fun) to get a closer look at the leaves (lovely) - christen
The tree! Who doesn't love venturing up a gnarly knotted trunk and peering out, high above the rest!? -shane
8. What do you like to do on rainy days?
I find the occasional rainy day nice to use it as an excuse to kick back and slow down from a pretty action-packed life. Sometimes I/we need those rainy days to ever slow down! -christen
I like to coat-up, boot-up and hit the streets under a fat umbrella. It's essential to learn the laws of nature on a personal level and the fluidity of rain is too entrancing to pass up. -shane
9. Where's the most beautiful place you've been to?
Garden of the Gods, Colorado. -shane
Oh man, that's a tough one! I might have to go with Berlin, Germany for beauty in its statues and structures set in nature, and the beauty of its culture! -christen
10. What do you love the texture of?
Rough cut stone. -shaneShane's Moon Mat! -christen
11. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick?
Undoubtedly olive green <3 -christen
Black. Cynical, maybe but it contrasts so well with my own skin tone I couldn't give it up. -shane