skating down the mountain, skyline in our rear view mirror.

Thursday

extra sweet.

So, Valentine's Day is right around the corner, isn't it? I'm one of those on-the-fencers about the holiday, but overall I think it's a good reason to act extra sweet - special someone or not - and that way the day can only be good and not depressing. You create your own attitude on Valentine's Day, just like any other, so for those out there who need the encouragement, stay positive! You are beautiful!
Another thing that's been sweetening up a bit with the upcoming holiday are my outfits! Actually, that's completely not true. There was nothing cutesy or childlike about my outfit in yesterday's post, nor the one before that...or the one before that. Okay, so maybe it's just this little getup that had my heart feeling especially aflame! It has enough color in it to make up for the days missed over the past week! Usually colorbursts are something I try to avoid, but it always has a way of sneaking up on me and I can't say I mind it too much when it does. I suppose I'm an on-the-fencer about more things than I thought!
target blouse, j.crew cardi (mum's), modcloth skirt, modcloth heels
Have you been planning ahead for a romantic or fun Valentine's Day celebration? Or wearing especially pretty clothes in anticipation?!

-christen


Photos taken by Julie O'Boyle of Orchid Grey.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! I absolutely love your style. As for the teal J.Crew heels...yes, they wreck my feet, haha. They look so comfortable and definitely do not feel that way. I'm hoping they break in one day? ;)

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing and your style is just super adorable!! Love your header too! Just can't stop scrolling down. We're following you for sure!! If you have free time, do come visit our new blog we're just recreated. ;)

    Love,
    MLU the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of this outfit! The shirt&shoes are sooo pretty!

    I'm not into V-day that much but it IS a good excuse to wear cute outfits :)

    S. - The Hearabouts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stoppin' by! Let us know what you're thinking :)